OK, so this is obviously one of those that’s supposed to be emailed, but, whatever… I’ll just fake my way through those questions.
Thanks to Tiff for the easy post.
Feel free to play along at home.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My Mom – kinda, but spelled different.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Saturday. It was a funeral, though… you’re supposed to cry at funerals. I did almost cry on Sunday while reading certain parts of HP7, but I stopped that by mentally shaking myself and reminding me that IT”S FICTION FOR BOO’S SAKE! (And yes, in my head, I generally do swear on the name of my dog… as in… “for the love of Boo” or other such nonsense.)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No. It’s always been appalling. I can print OK, though. Handily, there’s these here computer things that keep me from ever having to write.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Does cheese count as “meat”? No. Then turkey. Oh, wait. Salami. Uh, and bacon. Or more realistically, Chicken salad (as long, you know, as there’s no celery).
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
None for me, thanks, I’m driving.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably not. I am not good at having “friends”. We moved a lot when I was younger and so I am much better at being acquaintances with folks. Not to say people don’t like me… I’m friendly and all and get along with strangers at parties, etc. But “friends” is a bit of a hefty commitment for someone used to always moving on.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Sarcasm… me? Nooooooooo.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. No I would not. Thank you for asking. Move along now… nothing to see here.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Currently Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. Also – Oatmeal.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Almost anything that Ben And Jerry can dream up. As long as, you know, there’s no celery in it… and I wouldn’t put that past ‘em.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
I try not to. Faces, I suppose. Although, if I were to be totally truthful… deformities, etc. will jump right out, then I have to be all ashamed and pretend not to notice.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. Except for cars. I would take a pink car over red any day.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am way too accommodating.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
When you move around constantly as a kid, you kind of learn not to miss people. They come into your life and go out of your life and when they are gone, they are gone.
I still miss my Memere, though.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
No – but tell me if you play along.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Apple cinnamon cheerios.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The complete and utter silence that is the floor I work on (finance and accounting). The loudest sound around here is my typing. It’s like a freakin‘ library up here. How we came to be a tiny odd department in the sea of finance, I do not know.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Yellow. Yellow is such a happy color.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Rain on hot asphalt. Bread baking. Gasoline.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Well… it wasn’t exactly sent, but I do like Tiff of the blog-land. But what the hell kind of question is this anyway? Who’s gonna say… no, the bitch who sent this to me is a total skank and I hate her?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Last year I began an attempt to become a football fan. I expect to carry on this year. It’s still not natural to me, though.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
Hazel… which is to say… part of my eyes are kind of gold-brown, and parts are green, and there’s some blue in there, all kind of speckly and mixed up. The color you see depends on what I am wearing. It sounds odd, but really, the eyes are the best thing I got going for me.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Food. You ever heard that song from “Oliver”? Yeah, that’s me.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I’ll take either, as long as the happy ending isn’t contrived and deliberately written to make me cry. I don’t like being jerked around by movies, which I why I cannot watch anything made for the Hallmark channel.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
At the movies? That would be Waitress. Um, I have every movie channel known to man, so I have no idea what the last one I might have watched on TV is.
33. FAVORITE FLOWER?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Anything but summer!
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs – If I have to. I’d rather not touch you if I can help it. I live with a very huggy people, though… I have gotten used to it.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Cheesecake. Especially if it also involves some kind of brownie.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
Anyone – I know how these memes work…
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Wolves of the Calla – although, I did break in the middle of it this weekend to read HP7.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Optical mice need no pads.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Anthony Bordain – No Reservations
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
43. FAVORITE CANDYBAR?
Those fancy new 80% Cacao Sao Tome dark chocolate yummy things from the devious folks at Hershey.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Well, now, that’s gonna have to depend on where “home” was at the time… Probably Hong Kong… that was a freakin‘ 18 hour flight. (had to stop for gas in Dubai).
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can mock anyone for anything.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Kingston, New York
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
I’ll take anyone who wants to play along… Isn’t validation from strangers the main reason we do this crazy blogging thing?