Chili Lime Jicama Is Now My Favorite Thing In The World!
OK – that may be an exaggeration… There are probably lots of things I like better than Chili Lime Jicama. BUT… this IS some damn tasty stuff… and Easy!
1) Buy Jicama (this was actually the hardest part for me – it’s not sold in most stores here).
2) Peel Jicama (Not hard with a vegetable peeler)
3) Cut Jicama Into Sticks – your preference on thickness, etc.
4) Put Jicama Sticks in plastic zippy bag (or a bowl, I suppose) Not necesarily the whole Jicama… just however many sticks you want.
5) Squirt some lime jiuce in the bag. Put some Chili powder in the bag.
6) Squidge it around to cover the sticks
7) Leave it overnight
8) Eat those tasty little guys (I’ve been having them for breakfast with egg or tuna salad!)
Yummeroo! Jicama is not cheap out here… so unless I find an alternate source – this will be a sometimes treat.
Goodwill Outfit of the Day 9-7-12
Shirt and Jeans both are Abercrombie and Fitch. I literally shudder to think what this outfit would have cost me in the mall…